University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Housekeeper/ Assistant Cook – Temporary.
Applications will be accepted until 6/30/2019.
This position in located in Land O’ Lakes Wisconsin.
The University of Notre Dame is accepting applications for a Housekeeper/Cook at its research and retreat property at Land O’ Lakes, on the border of Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. This property of 7,000 heavily-wooded acres with roughly 30 lakes serves as the home of an undergraduate research program, year-round grant studies, and a center of retreat for the University. The area’s lush vegetation and placid waters invite visitors to leave daily anxieties behind to be enveloped in the serene, natural beauty. The property has also been the site for several gatherings of historical significance, including a meeting of Catholic university leaders in 1967 which produced a document that has come to be known as the Land O’ Lakes Statement.
If the idea of being a key part of a small team of three people which provides a high level of hospitality to University of Notre Dame leaders, faculty, students, and visitors sounds like a job you would love, then we want to speak with you about this unique opportunity. We are looking for someone with experience in custodial services and preparing meals, who finds fulfillment in creating a memorable and unique experience for guests.
You will work in a beautiful and remote setting, with a flexible schedule, and enjoy the full benefits offered to all University of Notre Dame staff and faculty.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Clean 35 buildings on the Land O’Lakes campus including dormitories, research professor residences, and retreat cabins. Includes cleaning of bathroom/shower areas and kitchens, laundry, waste removal, stocking of supplies, and basic care of cleaning equipment.
- Ensure guests arrive to a welcoming and clean environment.
- Assist the Hospitality Manager with menu planning, meal preparation, meal serving, and stocking of food supplies.
- Assist the Hospitality Manager with hosting University retreats for guests, including Catholic priests and University leaders.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in custodial services and preparing foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize tasks for team
- Strong communication and social interaction skills
- Experience in northern climates is a plus.
- Understanding and commitment to environmental research and the environment
- Understanding and commitment to University of Notre Dame values and mission
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education’s annual “Great Colleges to Work For” survey…and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S19446. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.